Eagle sighting 9/9/2014 7am

Maria Rosa Drake
Hi,

I saw two adult eagles driving to work this morning at 7am. One was in the bare tree to the East of the nest and the second one was on a malaleuca on the West of the nest.

MRD

Re: Eagle sighting 9/9/2014 7am

Thanks, Maria Rosa! Only about 15 minutes later, at 7:15 AM we saw one adult flying south towards the big lake at Sunset Lakes. We were 2 miles SE of the nest, on the unpaved Miramar Parkway extension just east of its junction with SW 196th Avenue. It was flying SSW,  so if it was one of the PP eagles it must have deviated a bit to the east to check out Harbour Lakes on its way. To my eye it look large as if maybe the female, but this is only an impression. It was overcast and dark, so I did not get very good shots.