Eagles Taken 4/1

Kathybaker
Taken on 4/01  Not a goop picture but She is feeding the second

Re: Eagles Taken 4/1

Excellent documentation of the second eaglet, Kathy.

The first eaglet was documented as being fed on March 17, so it was at least 15 days old when you photographed it on April 1. The next morning I saw it being fed and thought I could see its bill in the photo I posted.

The smaller eaglet is probably about 3 days younger. This means that the eggs were laid on or about February 10. On February 14 you posted a great photo of both of the adults at the nest and looking down. Maybe that was when the second egg was laid.

Interestingly, during the weeks preceding the hatch, Jewel was seen flying out to forage several times just after sunrise, so it is likely that Pride followed the pattern of taking up incubation duties early in the morning.

Re: Eagles Taken 4/1

Kathybaker
Thanks I just love watching them through my camera lens. Plan on going out there whenever I can and watch them grow

Re: Eagles Taken 4/1

Lisa G
Wow!! Great Pictures :) Thanks for sharing
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net