Eagles at nest

Kathy
I was going to the post office yesterday at 7:45 pm and saw one of the adults perched in one of the pine trees close to the nest.
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: Eagles at nest

We went by at mid-morning on Tuesday (Sept 13) but found no eagles at or in the area of the nest.

It will be interesting to see when they are documented carrying sticks to the nest.

"Citrus," the Florida juvenile eagle that was banded and GPS radio-tagged in 2008 at Chesapeake Bay, is now on his way back down from northern Maine. This was the second summer he has spent at the same location. Follow his track at the animated map available at link on this page in the FORUM: http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/Satellite-Tracking-Update-Florida-Eagle-now-in-far-northern-Maine-tp5495111p5495111.html

Ken

Re: Eagles at nest

pazjan
I too have noted appearances of one eagle perched on the melalucca trees west of the nest on Pines Blvd.  There are been several appearances near 6:00 P.M. toward sunset.

Re: Eagles at nest

Kelly Smith
I saw BOTH adults in the maleluecas last week.  This is the first time I have seen them together all summer.

Re: Eagles at nest

Mike Fossler
I went by Saturday morning, 9-18-10, around 9:30am and stayed for 10 minutes or so but did not see any of the eagles. MF

Re: Eagles at nest

Kelly Smith
Monday morning, 9/20, I saw both eagles perched in the maleluecas.  As one flew off, it appeared to have broken off a rather thick branch.  It flew with it a short distance before dropping it.  I wasn't able to see if there was any other attempt to carry materials, but it did seem to fly toward the nest.