Eagles roosting 2/18/2015 6:30am

Maria Rosa Drake
Both eagles were roosting in the melaleucas West of the nest at 6:30am this morning.

Re: Eagles roosting 2/18/2015 6:30am

Thanks, Maria Rosa, for being so faithful in reporting on the presence of the eagles. The fact that both are out roosting on the trees is a good sign that the female has not started incubation. If we see only the male out there we really need to be sure that she has not laid eggs, though I think it is too late for successful breeding.

We went by at about 10:00 AM today and no adults were in sight. I watched the nest and am quite certain there was no eagle occupying it.