Eagles sighted 9/15/2016

Maria Rosa Drake
As I was driving West on Pines Blvd at 6:56am, I saw two adult bald eagles fly from the malaleuca trees West of the nest to Pines Blvd and headed East.

Re: Eagles sighted 9/15/2016

Thanks, Maria-Rosa,

I watched for the eagles out in west Miramar this morning from a good vantage point on the Harbour Lakes mitigation wetlands. This gives me a good view of the area of the eagle nest, about 1 1/2 mile to the NW. I have been seeing them quite frequently, always flying SE from the nest area. Sunrise was at 7:07 this morning. I watched from about 6: 50 to 7:20 AM but did not see any. Then, while I was birding more to the south I suddenly caught sight of the juvenile (Jewel) flying in the usual direction. I almost missed a shot because my view was through the trees. I wonder if she was following her parents as was the case this past week. Here is my poor photo, taken at 8:09 AM.