Eagles week 12/2/16

Rockitglider
Hello,

There wasn't very much action, the male was flying around most of the time I was there, and the female was sitting on the nest. The male flew in as I was getting ready to leave and landed on a near by tree, but didn't interact with each other.

Kit

Female on the nest

Another angle of her

The male sitting near by

Re: Eagles week 12/2/16

Again, very nice photos, Kit! If the female is sitting continuously and the nest is not left uncovered for more than a few minutes, it is very likely that eggs have been laid.

Look for the pair exchanging incubation duties, another reliable sign that incubation has begun.

Thanks so much for the update.

Re: Eagles week 12/2/16

Speechykeane
Love getting your updates and pictures!  Thank you!!  fingers crossed she is incubating eggs!

Re: Eagles week 12/2/16

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the kind words. The male and female take turns on the nest and one of them is always sitting on it at all times, so I would think that eggs have been laid. It rained last Saturday,  so I will be going tomorrow weather permitting to check on them.

Kit