Eaglet 2/19

naturegirl

Re: Eaglet 2/19

naturegirl

Re: Eaglet 2/19

I re-posted naturegirl's image. Very nice!

Suggestion-- to embed a photo, follow the on-screen directions to post photo at "insert image" tab at top of Message box.

Simply upload the photo from your drive and re-size it if it is larger than screen size-- if you choose "Large" size it will fit the screen. Alternatively you may post from a photo on a web site by right-clickin on the image and choosing "image location" which MUST be a JPG file in order to display.

Thanks!

Re: Eaglet 2/19

naturegirl
Thx I had trouble posting the pictures. The eaglet looks about 8-9 weeks getting ready to fledge soon. I took these from my car off 10th street didn't want to get closer then the road.

Re: Eaglet 2/19

Rockitglider
Hello Naturegirl

Great shots, I take them from just outside my car, but I get out with my doors facing south which is facing away from the nest and I use the car as my tripod with a beanbag for support on the roof of the car and I think it is minimal for disturbing them. I still try to stay low though. Maybe I'll see you out there some day, it's so awesome to see these eagles breeding and just living their lives, it just makes me in awe of them. If not for these eagles I might have never seen a real Bald Eagle in my lifetime. I feel blessed. Glad you were able to find them and get some shots, have fun.

Kit

Re: Eaglet 2/19

naturegirl
Thank you. I never thought to use the car as a tripod I just sit in the car and balance my camera on my knees. I use a 500 lens and then I crop a lot. I saw a gut out there who said a woman from Audubon parks her truck under the trees but I haven't seen her. Only been out there 2x plan to go back either sunday or during the week. So happy this pair nests successfully I know how terrible people can be with wildlife I work with sea turtles so am very quiet with giving out info these days