Eaglet - 5-12-2014 5:30-6pm

Maria Rosa Drake
Hi,

I drove by the nest on my way home and one of the eaglets and a parent were in the maleluca trees to the west of the nest. As I was putting away my camera, the eaglet left the tree and flew over to the nest.

My pics and videos (sorry, very windy) are at this link on flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrdrake001/

MRD

Re: Eaglet - 5-12-2014 5:30-6pm

Maria, thanks for documenting your sighting so well. That eaglet was certainly cooperative, and braved some high winds. The relative lack of white on its breast suggest it may be the younger eaglet. It would be nice to see them together to determine if this still holds true.

If indeed it is the younger, there appears to be no impairment of its legs as suggested in the flight photos I took a couple of weeks ago.

Re: Eaglet - 5-12-2014 5:30-6pm

KellyHeffernan Proj Perch
To confirm no leg injury would be a great news!  Thanks Maria for doing
such a good job capturing the eagles and owls and sharing it with all of
us!

Kelly Heffernan
SFAS's Project Perch
(978) 412-5313