Eaglet 5-15-2014

Maria Rosa Drake
Hi,

I saw an eaglet this morning 7:30am and then 5:30pm. Here is a bad (lighting was terrible) pic from 5:30pm, but at least it documents.

Re: Eaglet 5-15-2014

We try to determine when the last eaglet departs from the nest area each year. Therefore your (and everyone's) reports are important, even if they are negative. Thanks, Maria!

Re: Eaglet 5-15-2014

MyEagle13
Hey i just wanna tell you its been like a week or more i haven't seen both eaglets together i see only one perching on the dead pines tree where parents usually spend hours but just one nest empty all the time have anyone seen them together on this time? please let me know usually when sibling grown together they stay together for a long time and i only see one returning to the nest now
Myeagle13

Re: Eaglet 5-15-2014

It will be reassuring if both are seen at the same time. They are approaching the age where one or both will wander off and move northward. The last eaglet in the area of the nest has been reported between April 27 and June 10, so it is quite variable. Part of the problem in pinning the date down is the lack of observers as they spend less time visible near the nest as they gain hunting skills.

Agree that any sightings should be reported, whether singly or both. The date of disappearance of adults is also of interest.