Eaglet not seen branching March 10, 12 & 14

Eaglet not seen branching March 10, 12 & 14

On March 10 we stopped to check on the eaglet on our way to Marco Island. It was quiet on the nest. The adult female was roosting in the second large pine along the road to the east of the nest.

We checked again on the return leg (March 12), and again the eagle was quiet in the nest and no adults were present.

On March 14 there were two adults present. The female was in the same roost, and the male was sitting on top of the power pole just west of the nest. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead (I had just replaced it with one I erroneously thought had been charged!) The eaglet was simply sitting on the left rim of the nest. No flapping or branching.