Eaglet sightings

Maria Rosa Drake
Hi,

I saw an eaglet on 5/29/2014 at 7:40am and then at 5:15pm. I also saw an eaglet 5/3/2014 at 5:30pm. Here are a couple of pics from yesterday. Not very good due to lighting conditions.

Re: Eaglet sightings

Thanks, Maria!

It is interesting to see the eagle resting with one leg hanging down. Perhaps it was just stretching, as the toes are extended. The adult female has a habit of roosting on one leg with the other hanging down as if limp. You may recall that I photographed one of the eaglets with one leg appearing to trail as if limp. No other such observations have been reported for this year's eaglets. I wonder how common a behavior this might be.

I updated the Eagle Milestone spreadsheet to reflect Maria's most recent observations. We drove by the nest a couple of times in mid-mornings this past week and briefly stopped but saw no eagles.

Please keep an eye on the nest just to bracket the final departure of the eaglets.