FDOT will not fund Pembroke Pines Eagle Nest Camera

FDOT will not fund Pembroke Pines Eagle Nest Camera

Here is an e-mail from Doug Young, chair of the Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Sanctuary Steering Committee:

Good Morning!

I have very disappointing news to report!  See the email below from David Bogardus , FDOT which I received last night!

FDOT will NOT be providing funding for the Eaglecam.  I know David tried hard for this as he is a staunch environmentalist and recently took a personal interest in trying to move the project ahead.

So, since the Fall 2010, we have now been rejected by FPL and FDOT.

Today, I am not only very disappointed but very frustrated.  We have NOT run out of options but so much time has elapsed.

So, at this point, should we now go directly to another source for funding, etc. such as COMCAST?  Implementation becomes a little more complicated as we move to other organizations for financial and project support.

I know that following up on David's suggestion of reaching out to FWC and USFWS will be a lengthy and bureaucratic process.

WE have come so close and now it seems like we are back to square one.

So, suggestions please!

Thanks!

Cheers,

Doug Young, President
2010 Audubon Conservation Leadership Fellow
dyoung@southfloridaaudubon.org
954-232-1956
www.southfloridaaudubon.org
2010 Florida Audubon Society's Chapter of the Year

RE: FDOT will not fund Pembroke Pines Eagle Nest Camera

Kathy
Ken what is the cost for this camera?  I wonder if we might do a fund raiser in the community to make them more aware of the eagles and perhaps collect money that way?  It is worth a shot.  Perhaps we could approach local businesses as well and why don't we contact the local TV and radio stations and ask for their help in making the community aware of the nest and the need for a nest cam.  I think that many people would love to be able to watch the eagles right from the comfort of their own home.

It is worth a shot

Kathy

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)
Nature is like a spider web - if you pull on one string, you affect everything else in it

    I have received a response regarding the Eaglecam proposal.  Unfortunately, it was not accepted.  I will continue to keep my eyes and ears open for other possibilities. My suggestion is to take what has been developed to date and reach out to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), as well as the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).

    Please do keep me in the loop with the Steering Committee’s efforts.

    Sincerely,

    David

Ken Schneider
Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com

To start a new topic under CURRENT 2010-2011 SEASON DAILY NEST OBSERVATIONS & PHOTOS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from CURRENT 2010-2011 SEASON DAILY NEST OBSERVATIONS & PHOTOS, click here.
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

To unsubscribe from CURRENT 2010-2011 SEASON DAILY NEST OBSERVATIONS & PHOTOS, click here.
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: FDOT will not fund Pembroke Pines Eagle Nest Camera

Cjosephr58
Is there a possibility of getting a sponsor by offering advertisement on the webcam website?

    I have received a response regarding the Eaglecam proposal.  Unfortunately, it was not accepted.  I will continue to keep my eyes and ears open for other possibilities. My suggestion is to take what has been developed to date and reach out to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), as well as the US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS).

    Please do keep me in the loop with the Steering Committee’s efforts.

    Sincerely,

    David

Ken Schneider
Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com

To start a new topic under Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.