FEB 26: Nest survived this morning's storm; adult sitting in nest

FEB 26: Nest survived this morning's storm; adult sitting in nest

A severe thunderstorm with winds up to 60 MPH blew through in mid-morning so I visited the eagle nest to check on their welfare. The nest appears intact, but here I am comparing it with two earlier earlier photos, especially to see if the right side may have lost some branches. I don't think so.

Here is the nest back on January 10, 2016:

This is the nest after the first storm, January 23, 2016:

This is the nest as it appears today. A very large fresh branch has blown in from the right and now obstructs the view of the left side of the nest. The right side seems to have about the same bulk as in earlier photos. Note that the main part of the branch is leaning down from the upper right of the nest.

At first I thought the nest was unoccupied, but then noticed movement to the rear left side of the nest. An adult was partially visible. sometimes resting in the nest and at other times pecking as if eating or possibly rearranging nest material or branches:

It stood up once but I never got a decent view. Cannot say whether it was Pride or Jewel, but the low forehead suggests that it is Pride:

Re: Nest survived this morning's storm; on adult sitting in nest

Lisa G
Great Pictures Ken , Good to know the nest is ok . That is one Great nest it has been through a lot of Storms and still holding up Great :) It was nice talking to you today . Thanks for the update I was getting a lot of emails asking if the nest was ok after the bad storms that rolled though the area ..
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net