FEB 27: Two eaglets visible being fed by female

FEB 27: Two eaglets visible being fed by female

We visited the eagle nest at about 9:10 AM and found a second eaglet bobbing its head above the rim of the nest. It is probably 2-3 days younger than the first and is noticeably smaller and has more white down. There is a large dark object sticking up in the nest-- It may be a bean pod from a locust tree, perhaps on a branch that they brought in.

Jewel was roosting on the supporting limb to the right of the nest.

The male (Pride) flew in with a rather large prey item and the female (Jewel) proceeded to feed the eaglets.

She was careful to give plenty of attention to the smaller eaglet and the older seemed to wait patiently as she fed it.

Pride watched on and later exited behind the nest to the east. Here is a family portrait:

Re: FEB 27: Two eaglets visible being fed by female

Mike Fossler
Great to see a second one! Hard to believe we have all been out there over the last week or more and have just now seen #2!

Re: FEB 27: Two eaglets visible being fed by female

Marc
That is so awesome. Can't wait to get back over there

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 27, 2017, at 2:05 PM, Mike Fossler [via Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Great to see a second one! Hard to believe we have all been out there over the last week or more and have just now seen #2!

To start a new topic under CURRENT 2016-2017 Observations of Pembroke Pines Bald Eagle Nest BO-002, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Bald Eagles of Broward County, Florida, click here.

Re: FEB 27: Two eaglets visible being fed by female

Lisa G
Great pictures Ken , We will be having the naming Contest in the next week or 2 on Pride & Jewel Facebook Page :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net