FEB 8: Female continues to sit high and often reaches down into nest

FEB 8: Female continues to sit high and often reaches down into nest

The female (Jewel) was sitting high in the nest and the male (Pride) was roosting to the east in the Melaleuca snags. We visited at around 9:30 AM and could not confirm that feeding of an eaglet occurred. Jewel did reach over to the right and then thrust her head down. This happened several times but we did not see any food and there was no sign that a prey item was being "butchered" (tearing at it to obtain small portions for an eaglet). However the change in behavior supports our conclusion that the first egg has hatched.