FEMALE AT PEMBROKE

AlbertoRada
Saw the new female on December 31st at 2.00pm

Re: FEMALE AT PEMBROKE

The mystery deepens-- have we confirmed the presence of the original female at the nest at any time this past week?

Alberto, I am now thinking that this is not the first female ("Newfee") at all, but a younger 4th year eagle. Here is a photo of the first female taken on December 9. I must also reconsider whether the female I saw flying in the wetlands on January 4 was this second female. Judging by the amount of black on its tail tips, I may well have been the second bird as well.

Here is that bird (Jan 4):

Note the difference in the amount of white on "Newfee's" head and the lack of white feathers on breast as compared to my January 4th eagle and the bird that you (and probably Al) photographed on the nest on December 31: