FP&L will be working near the nest

Florida Power and Light (FPL) must get ready for the hurricane season and remove hazardous trees near the power lines along Pines Boulevard. They will be taking extra precautions in front of the nest, even though the eaglet has not been reported on the nest since early June. They will only cut away branches and not fell any trees within 330 feet of the nest.

The FPL work plan is under review by both State FWC and Federal USFWS and should take place during the next week or so. Just a heads-up to let everyone know they are proceeding in a very responsible manner. FPL has also completed restoration of the protective shields which reduce the danger of electrocution to eagles and other large birds.

Re: FP&L will be working near the nest

smithk6303
Ummmm
I know it’s been a long time since I’ve travelled out this way, but I see no sign of the Nest. What happened?5299011C-B0DC-4BD4-9B53-7D68263D163C.jpeg