Feb 2,2011 One eaglet..

Kino
I was at the nest and I could only see one eaglet but I did saw 5 Red Tail Hawks around the nest.  I found it a little stange that these two species will share the malalucas but I guess it happens.

Kino

Re: Feb 2,2011 One eaglet..

Thanks, Kino.

Those are Red-shouldered Hawks, by the way. We could hear them calling this morning near the nest site. I do not believe they pose much of a threat to the eaglets, both of which were up and active around 9:00 AM.

I will post photos and a video a little later today.