February 16, 2013, 3-4 PM

hall48
I stopped by the nest site this afternoon and observed one adult perched in a dead tree about 60 feet west of the nest. I didn't see any activity in the nest at all at first, but it was so windy that large branches were blowing in front of the nest and staying there so viewing was difficult.

After about 15 minutes the adult left its perch and relocated to a branch just above and to the west of the nest. It stayed there and looked in all directions for about five minutes. It then peered directly down at the nest and dropped on to the east side of it. At that point the eaglet became active and raised a wing and then showed its head above the rim of the nest. Wow, it now has feathers. It has been a couple of weeks since I took any pictures of the eaglet and it is now looking a lot more like the adult.
The adult moved to the west side of the nest and began to eat from what appeared to be a fish lying on the edge of the nest.

The eaglet raised itself above the rim of the nest and then proceeded to work itself directly under the parent. A bunch of maneuvering by both the chick and the parent was necessary to find a stable arrangement as the wind was really moving the nest tree quite a bit from side to side.
The adult fed the chick a number of times and then it looked like the chick ate directly from the fish lying in the nest.

The adult was back above the nest, on the western side, when I left around 4 PM.

Adult Eagle

Looking at the nest

Eaglet pops up

Adult and Eaglet with feathers