February 3 -- Two eaglets in nest (Video)

February 3 -- Two eaglets in nest (Video)

We watched for an hour and a half this morning from around 8:45 AM. Both eaglets were active in the nest, and the female stood watch in the pine to the east of the nest. The male was not seen the whole time. Just before we left, the female flew off high to the east and northeast.

The older chick is getting pretty big--we estimate it is 26 days old today, having hatched around January 8th:

Here is a clip of both eaglets, acting restless as if hungry ( if video does not load, visit this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBR17PHrqM  )

The adult female standing guard (link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2oLQ4TyR64  )