First Glimpse, Jan 22nd -- Eaglet Makes Short Appearance

First Glimpse, Jan 22nd -- Eaglet Makes Short Appearance

EagleObserver
This post was updated on .
At 4:59pm on Saturday I snapped 5 frames over a minute's time (per the time stamp of the photos) that showed an eaglet appear and slump back into the nest out of sight.  I waited for another hour but the eaglet never reappeared for more pictures.  I also made some videos that included one of the adults fly-in, but did not see the eaglet the best I can tell.  During this time, both adults flew west to the dead trees and returned.  The eaglet pics along with some of the adults today are below and I'll post a video link later this evening.  Life, family, moves on for this pair.

Re: First Glimpse, Jan 22nd -- Eaglet Makes Short Appearance

Kathy
Very nice photos, I had a feeling that there was a young one in the nest, thank you for giving us an opportunity to share in your experience!

Kathy
live your life don't watch it go by . . .

Re: First Glimpse, Jan 22nd -- Eaglet Makes Short Appearance

Awesome shots....I really can see the new hatchling!!!   That is so exciting....thanks so much for taking the time, energy and patience needed to get such wonderful shots and for documenting this experience for us all!

Re: First Glimpse, Jan 22nd -- Eaglet Makes Short Appearance

Mike Fossler
Great moment Jim. Like you, I waited today and fixed my camera on the nest waiting and watching for a head to pop up. I was sure there was something in the nest and you confirmed it! Judging from some of the movement I saw today I would not be suprised to see at least a second one soon enough - the eagle on watch seemed to be tending to things in more than one spot the entire time I was watching. I'm sure we'll be at the nest at the same time soon enough! MF

Re: First Glimpse, Jan 22nd -- Eaglet Makes Short Appearance

fcalz
This morning 1/22/11 at 9:30 A.M i observed the two eagle roosting in the mamelucas.
at 3:45 P.M  i observed one of the eagle in the edge of the nest feeding the eaglet , Judging from some of the movement I saw today I would said there a second one. i observe the eagle was feeding two eaglet by the movement, she feed one of the eaglet  for a few time and them she made another movement more tor the inside of the next what make me believe she was feeding two eagles

Re: First Glimpse, Jan 22nd -- Eaglet Makes Short Appearance

EagleObserver
Thanks for all the comments.  I must admit, my first love is photography and nature in general, but this pair and their family this past year has really grown on me.  Since I'm only a couple miles from here, the trip is pretty easy to grab the camera and enjoy.  My wife has already joked she is logging on to Ken's web site to find me some days.  jim