Friday 06-19-09, 4:00 pm

Mike Fossler
Did not see any of the eagles in their usual spots, so I left and went to Chapel Trail. The Sandhill cranes were right out front and almost walked into me while I took some photos! The chick has grown BIG in a short time. MF

Re: Friday 06-19-09, 4:00 pm

Trisha
Great photos Mike. The last time Carolyn and I went the male kept pecking my car. I just hope the chick is learning to be cautious around people. I wonder if someone is feeding them as they come right up to you.....

Re: Friday 06-19-09, 4:00 pm

Lisa baumbach Reardon,
are they right there at the nature trail ????

Re: Friday 06-19-09, 4:00 pm

Mike Fossler
They hang out at various places in the park. The photos here were taken right next to the driveway entry gate! When I drove in I couldn't wait to get out of my car as I had passed them getting into the parking lot. They were walking the strip of grass between the parking area fence and Sheridan road. When I got out of my car (I was hurrying to get my camera stuff before the ran away), I walked back out the entry gate to them. I crouched down and stood still and they walked to me and past me within several feet. Several times I even backed off to be not-so-close!
Other times I've seen them in the cow pasture on the west side of the park, which can be overlooked from the elevated pathway. Also in that pasture, in one of the maleluca trees, is a nest. This nest was occupied by a Merlin several weeks ago, but I haven't seen anything there since then. MF