Friday 11-1, 4-6:40 at the nest

Jill W
At 12:00, an adult flew in with prey.  All three enjoyed it and then settled down for a bit.  I know you will have to stretch your imagination, but if you look closely, both chicks and the adults are looking the same way.  Sorry, but I'm still a photo dummy but I read more of the manual this afternoon.

At 12:30, the adult flew to the pine tree to the east and did not do a good job of rubbing its beak.  I didn't know for sure if I was just seeing things, but I thought I saw white feathers attached to the beak of the adult flapping in the breeze.  I saw, when I got home, that there were feathers on its beak.

I'm thinking that I have misled people when they stop by and ask when the best time is to take pictures  of the adults and to be able to the chicks standing up.  I have always said that it is random and can happen anytime of the day.  I think at this time, the morning is when things really happen.

Jill

Oops! Wrong info. Re: Friday 11-1, 4-6:40 at the nest

Jill W
Important edit to post:

I posted that the chicks and adults were looking the same way.  I don't know how I managed to type an "s" in there.  There was only one adult.
Jill

Re: Friday 11-1, 4-6:40 at the nest

Nice photos, Jill!!!

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois

Web site: http://www.rosyfinch.com
Eagle Nest: http://www.rosyfinch.com/BaldEagleNest.html
Blog: http://blog.rosyfinch.com
Photos: http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch

"Openness to the natural world and our response to it lie at the core of what we do and why we do it." (Fr. Tom Pincelli)

JillW (via Nabble) wrote:

> At 12:00, an adult flew in with prey.  All three enjoyed it and then
> settled down for a bit.  I know you will have to stretch your
> imagination, but if you look closely, both chicks and the adults are
> looking the same way.  Sorry, but I'm still a photo dummy but I read
> more of the manual this afternoon.
>

> I'm thinking that I have misled people when they stop by and ask when
> the best time is to take pictures  of the adults and to be able to the
> chicks standing up.  I have always said that it is random and can
> happen anytime of the day.  I think at this time, the morning is when
> things really happen.
>
> Jill

Re: Friday 11-1, 4-6:40 at the nest

Kelly Smith
That new camera's is coming in handy!  Great pictures!