Friday, FEB 12 -- What appetites!

When I arrived about 9:50 AM, Al and Smith were at the nest site. Al had his video camera rolling. For over a half hour around 10 AM, two of the chicks were easily visible, continuously accepting food from the female parent. The third, first seen on Al's video on February 9th, is almost certainly visible in two of these photos, to the right of the other two and with its back to the camera. The other adult was not in view during the time I viewed them. I departed around 10:45 AM.

Here, the adult offers a morsel:

Note the white figure next to the parent-- it moved but I never saw its face or beak. The chick on left has a big chunk of food:

Three baby faces may be visible-- two close to each other to the left, and the third lower down on the right, but I'm not sure. The video will clarify this:

Re: Friday, FEB 12 -- What appetites!

vdelauz
GREAT PICS, KEN!!! WOW!!! I can make out two chicks, for sure. As you said, if Al says he saw three in the video, then three chicks it is. They look healthy and they'll get even healthier if momma keeps feeding them those big morsels. I'm happy to see that everything seems to be progressing in a positive manner.