Friday, Feb. 19, 8:55am - 11:05am

Ed Mattis
When I arrived there were no adults in the nest, one adult on the dead trees. It stayed that way until 10:16am when the adult left the tree. At 10:28am the adult showed up at the nest with what looked like a fish (not very big). It fed the chicks for about 5 minutes and went back to the dead trees. At 10:38am the other adult showed at the nest with a branch, placing it on the east side of the nest and leving for the dead trees. This was still the situation when I left at 11:04am. I did see three chicks at one time, one does not always appear with the other two. I am attaching photos of the Eagles (unfortunately had white sky), and some photos of the Great Horned Owl nest I have been following.

Ed

Re: Friday, Feb. 19, 8:55am - 11:05am

Trisha
Spectacular photos, Ed!  Thanks for them all and your observation notes!

Re: Friday, Feb. 19, 8:55am - 11:05am

vdelauz
Another excellent series of images. Thank you for sharing, Ed!