Friday afternoon, 03-16-2012

Mike Fossler
I went by the nest site around 1:00pm or so and was joined shortly thereafter by Ken. The eaglet was alone but quite active and vocal. The youngster walked about in the nest and flapped occasionaly. In no time at all, an adult flew in with prey and fed the eaglet. Less than 15 minutes or so went by when the second adult also flew in with prey! The first adult flew out within 5 minutes or so and landed at the large pine near the road to the east. It spent less than 10 minutes there and then flew off to the south. The eaglet seemed to be satisfied with the first drop and soon was low in the nest out of sight. The second adult flew out to the pines out in front of the nest to the west then turned back and perched on a limb above the nest. After 5 minutes or so, the adult flew out and began to circle about on the north side of the road right over our heads riding "thermals", giving Ken and I one of the best and longest displays I have seen. Here's some photos . . . .

Re: Friday afternoon, 03-16-2012

Great nest shots from the "Fossler Spot!" The air show was spectacular!