Good day 4 seeing nest 12/26

Jill W
because of the strong wind from the west.  It is parting the trees in front.       jill

Re: Good day 4 seeing nest 12/26

Jill W
I was at the nest area today from 11 until 3 with a one hour lunch break.

Now and then I'd see an adult head (on the nest) appear to look around.  It would usually be visible for about 5 seconds, only.

At 11:25, I saw an eagle flying around the area to the N. and then the W.  He landed in the dead trees to the W., but he was back a bit and my camera kept focusing on the closest trees so none of my pics worked out.

After a few minutes, he flew away and was gone for about 10 minutes.  When he came back to the area, he visited the nest.  I was not able to see if he brought something to eat or not.  After about a 5 minute visit, he flew to a branch above the nest and looked down.

I'm pretty sure it was the male because of the brown tips on the tail feathers.

He flew away from the branch above the nest and I could not see where he went.  It was not to the dead trees.

Visit to nest:

Not a good pic but it shows the strong wind bending his wing feathers:

How can you resist this face?

Brown tips on tail feathers:

Next four are of him leaving the branch above the nest:

A Great White Egret (I think) flying over my head while I'm watching the eagle nest:

Jill

Re: Good day 4 seeing nest 12/26

Jill W
I forgot to include one of the male looking down at the nest from the branch above:

Jill

Re: Good day 4 seeing nest 12/26

Wonderful documentation and fabulous photos, Jill!!

Ken

Re: Good day 4 seeing nest 12/26

Jill W
Thanks, Ken!

Is there a setting that can be used to make the camera not focus on the nearest tree?  I do have it set up so there is a small circle in the center of the view to put on the subject, but it doesn't seem to be working right.  The camera still will focus on the closest trees even though they are not in the focus circle.

Jill