Hope to see eagle(s) in Ohio

Carolyn J
Boy, I sure have been missing the eagle family of Pembroke Pines! It made me appreciate other birds in ways I never had before. Even my front yard mockingbird nest is seen through new eyes. Hearing the babies call the parents reminds me of the wonderful, loud call of the eaglets. Also, seeing the different ways the adults feed the young in a variety of different species.
Yep, it's the little things in life we need to appreciate, and I do.
I'll be in Ohio on vacation next week. I did see an adult bald eagle north of Toledo last year. Also, a nest not too far from Bowling Green, OH. Hope to see something this trip, too!

Re: Hope to see eagle(s) in Ohio

Have a nice trip, Trisha!

We saw our third Bald Eagle at nearby Nelson Lake. This one, like the first, was an adult. It flew up right in front of us, too quickly to permit me to take a photo. It has been quite hot here in Illinois.

Good luck, and hope you find your eagles!

Re: Hope to see eagle(s) in Ohio

Kelly Smith
I just returned from Santa Ynez California and had the pleasure of taking a 2 hour trail ride around a man made lake nestled amongst the foothills.  There was a bald eagle nest that I understand has been there a couple of years.  No sign of the eagles, but it is wonderful to see them recovering all across the nation - and at a man made lake!