If Hatch Date was Jan 15th, Calculated date of first egg: December 11

If Hatch Date was Jan 15th, Calculated date of first egg: December 11

Based upon observations that confirmed that the first egg hatched on January 15, we may presume that the first egg was laid 5 weeks before that date.

I have updated the Eagle Milestone Chart to include most observations before and during incubation, up to the present.  You may find it very interesting.

The Milestone Chart may be viewed at this link: http://www.rosyfinch.com/EagleMilestonesSheet.pdf

Ken

Re: Calculated date of first egg: December 11

Trisha
That's so interesting, Ken....as that is a full week after Kino, Tom and I observed an adult down low in the nest for over 3 hrs. (Dec. 4) It was quite cold that day.....has anyone else observed an eagle staying low in the nest for extended periods.....perhaps to keep warm?

Now the next mystery is how many babies? It was interesting reading about the nest that had 3 babies successfully reared one year and the following only one. Nature is so smart.....I wonder if we will see something similar?