JAN 16: Adult deep in nest 7:45 - 10:30 AM

JAN 16: Adult deep in nest 7:45 - 10:30 AM

We could barely see the eagle through the fog. She (presumably the female) sat low and tight, only getting up once for a few seconds to change position. Fog did not let up until after 9:00 AM. We first visited the eagle nest and watched from 7:45 to 8:45 AM. Very poor shot through the dense fog:

Then we spent an hour at Chapel Trail nature Preserve, returning once more to the eagle nest at about 10:00. and watched until about 10:30 AM. Did not see a second adult.  She was still deep, apparently incubating:

The fog produced a "Fog Bow" over Pines Boulevard:

The sun, behind the "roost tree"  broke through the fog: