JAN 17, 10 AM: Male on nest; female drops food

JAN 17, 10 AM: Male on nest; female drops food

Male (Pride) was deep in the nest but began calling and looking up when we arrived at 10:00 AM.

The female eagle (Jewel) then brought prey into nest. She only stayed momentarily and flew up to roost in the tree just east of the nest.

Male appeared to continue incubating or possibly brooding. There was no sign of feeding eaglets. Some observers think that eggs may have hatched but there have been no reports of sighting or feeding eaglets.

Of interest, this morning we saw an adult flying from the nest area towards Sunset Lakes in Miramar about 10 minures after sunrise. It was about 1/4 mile away so it was difficult to identify it, but its heavy structure suggested it may have been the female.