JAN 17 9:30 - 10:30 AM

It was an active morning on January 17. Mary Lou and I got there at around 9:30 and watched the nest for about an hour. Al, Phil and also Tom the fireman were there. We saw two prey drops and quite a bit of flying around. There were several instances of the adults feeding the eaglet(s) so we took many photos in hopes of maybe seeing one's head. I had over 200 but none showed the eaglet.

Here is a nice view of female Joy (left) and her mate, Pride

The female tearing small strips prey to feed the hatchling(s). They seemed to be delivering food to two separate spots, raising hope there are at least two eaglets.

Liftoff from the perch near the top of the tall pine just to the west of the nest tree.

Up, up and away!

Liza M wrote on Facebook that there were at least two large groups that congregated along the shoulder and even in the traffic lane on the south side of the street in front of the nest. They also gathered at the fence along the sidewalk in front of the nest. She said police cars drove by and did not seem to notice the infractions. This was reported to the City.

The heavy winds had knocked over the signs along the road, and a few cones were down, maybe done by joy riders. I notified the City and they will improve the signage. They will also finally replace the permanent "No Parking" sign that had been knocked down by a vehicle some months back. In the meantime, if you see that any of the signs are down, please replace them.

Three "sandwich" signs and one cone are knocked over in this photo of the area to the west.

Re: JAN 17 9:30 - 10:30 AM

lovlycruzr
Beautiful photos!  I need a better lens! ;)