JAN 20: No adults seen at nest 9:55-10:40 AM

JAN 20: No adults seen at nest 9:55-10:40 AM

We visited the nest at 10:00 AM and found Phil there. He had been watching for about 5 minutes. We never saw an adult and felt quite certain that there was none on the nest. After we left, Phil continued to watch until 10:45 and reported that an adult never appeared. The overnight low was about 50 degrees (F) and it was still about 55 degrees with a mild northerly breeze. This is ver odd behavior. In previous years one adult would usually be on the nest for the first couple of weeks, and the other often roosted nearby. There should be feedings at least every 30-45 minutes.

Re: JAN 20: No adults seen at nest 9:55-10:40 AM

Liza
I agree Ken . I was looking at my previous photos from the past and notes. Usually one or the other was seen throughout the day . Especially early morning late afternoon .
I went by today around Midday and at 5:00 pm 45 mins both times ... no signs of either Eagle .
Liza

Re: JAN 20: No adults seen at nest 9:55-10:40 AM

Lisa G
With it being so cool out I would also think both eagles would be on the nest keeping the babies warm . This is very concerning to me that Jewel is not staying on the nest .But it is common with first time moms she needs to learn from pride at this point . I am praying for the little Eaglet or Eaglets and for Jewel to keep them warm and feed them . Pride is a very experienced and I hope he can keep up until Jewel starts doing her part . Keeping my fingers crossed
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net