JAN 23: No reports of eaglet sightings--yet

JAN 23: No reports of eaglet sightings--yet

We watched from 9:05 AM until 10:20 on January 23. Both adults were at the nest. The female (Jewel) seemed to be taking a nap as she perched on the right (west) rim of the nest while the male (Pride) stood watch on the right nest support branch.

The wind was blowing very strongly from the east. It messed up Jewel's hair-do:

Pride started calling. He may have been signaling that it was his turn to brood the eaglet(s):

Pride flew off but returned in about seven minutes, landing on the left side of the nest. He did not appear to bring in any prey.

Pride looked down and lowered his head several times as if tending or feeding an eaglet, but we never saw food in his beak and also never saw an eaglet:

Re: JAN 23: No reports of eaglet sightings--yet

naturegirl
Great pictures hoping they have 2 eaglets I think our deerfield nest might just have 1 again. I'm planning to be in Miramar next week where is the best place to patk? I vaguely remember from several years ago I think it was somewhere on Pembroke pines Blvd.