JAN 25: Bringing and arranging nest material; no eaglet seen

JAN 25: Bringing and arranging nest material; no eaglet seen

I arrived at nest at 9:25 AM yesterday (JAN 25) and watched for about 25 minutes.  The female (Jewel) was sitting up and moving her head down into the nest. At first I thought she may be tending to an eaglet, but to my surprise she picked up a large stick and attempted to move it:

The male (Pride) flew in from the left (east) and took a turn but also seemed unable to pick it up or rearrange it:

Jewel flew off and returned within 2 minutes, carrying a very large fresh pine branch:

The pair, with Pride to the right, worked together but did not seem coordinated as to what was to be done with the new branch:

Jewel seemed not to accept Pride's help:

They did continue working on the branch:

Again, Jewel seemed to be rejecting the help:

Pride wants to be friendly:

Jewel again appears to rebuff him:

Pride then flew over to the right nest support branch and was still there when I departed. It was cold (32 degrees F) and windy. I never saw any tending or feeding of an eaglet, and the nest was essentially uncovered all this time. If there is an eaglet the oldest could be almost 2 weeks old. However I am concerned and hope we will have eyes on the nest to see if an eaglet's head pops up.

Re: JAN 25: Bringing and arranging nest material; no eaglet seen

Sally
Entertaining captures and storytelling!  Sally