JAN 4: Female deep in nest -- incubating?

JAN 4: Female deep in nest -- incubating?

Mary Lou and I visited the nest at 1:45 PM today and watched for 1/2 hour. The female (Jewel) was on the nest, very deep and barely visible.

After about 15 minutes she got up and had her head deep in the nest as if arranging something (nest material or eggs).

Then she changed position, rotating to face away about 1/4 turn, settling down with only tail and wingtips visible to the right and head sometimes seen through nest material to the left. I suspect she is incubating. We never saw the second adult.

"On Friday went to eagle nest. Single adult, male I think was sitting low in nest. Every now and then got up and made adjustments in nest with beak. Looked like incubation to me. I saw from your posting of flying adult, you were there earlier. Your friend Alan was there."

Re: JAN 4: Female deep in nest -- incubating?

Lisa G
Great Pictures .. I think she is laying on Eggs :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net