JAN 5: Adult carrying nesting material in direction of nest

JAN 5: Adult carrying nesting material in direction of nest

This morning at about 8:15 AM an adult Bald Eagle flew right over my head from behind me. I was busy photographing an egret and the eagle's shadow fell on me. By the time I looked up the eagle had disappeared behind some trees. I ran over for a better view as it passed over the lake and got a few very poor photos at a range of about 1/4 mile. The eagle was carrying vegetation which looked like dry grass and a few small branches. It was flying in the direction of the Pembroke Pines nest, about 1.5 miles NW of my position in the west Miramar wetlands.

Re: JAN 5: Adult carrying nesting material in direction of nest

Jill W
I'm so jealous of what you and the other watchers who live nearby the PP nest!  I used to go there almost every day to watch and take pictures.  It was a 45 minute drive each way.  I live in Melbourne now, so I cannot visit the PP nest.

Your pics and the others who share them on the FORUM are fantastic!

Jill

This morning at about 8:15 AM an adult Bald Eagle flew right over my head
from behind me. I was busy photographing an egret and the eagle's shadow
fell on me. By the time I looked up the eagle had disappeared behind some
trees. I ran over for a better view as it passed over the lake and got a few
very poor photos at a range of about 1/4 mile. The eagle was carrying
vegetation which looked like dry grass and a few small branches. It was
flying in the direction of the Pembroke Pines nest, about 1.5 miles NW of my
position in the west Miramar wetlands.

<http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/file/n7574657/31749800250_f57bfe5b21_b.jpg>

<http://bald-eagles-of-broward-county-florida.1638815.n2.nabble.com/file/n7574657/32006511841_4f7f99383e_b.jpg>

-----
Ken Schneider
Web site: http://rosyfinch.com
Blog: http://rosy-finch.blogspot.com
Photos: &lt;http://flickr.com/photos/rosyfinch&gt;

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.

Re: JAN 5: Adult carrying nesting material in direction of nest

It was nice hearing from you, Jill W! Without a doubt you (and Trisha, who also has moved to the north) hold the record as the most productive observers of the PP nest.

I'm sure that all of the eagle watchers wish you well, and a happy and healthy New Year!

Here is a July, 2016 photo of Spirit, the only eaglet who survived last year's troubled breeding season. She is the 21st of Pride's progeny, the 12th to survive to fledging and the first surviving eaglet for Jewel, his new mate: