JULY 15: Adult in flight, 1 1/2 miles SE of nest

JULY 15: Adult in flight, 1 1/2 miles SE of nest

At 6:40 AM this morning, which is about 1 minute after sunrise, an adult Bald Eagle flew from the area of the PP nest over my location in the west Miramar Water Conservation area, which is about 1 1/2 miles SE of the nest. It was heading towards the large lake in the Sunset lakes development. To my eye it seems smaller than the female, but there is no way to be sure it is Pride. Its wings are quite shaggy, probably undergoing molt, and the photos are poor because of the light and distance.