Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
I was at the nest for a little over an hour late morning. 1 adult was at the dead Melaleuca trees ., flew towards the nest but perched up on top on the left side . Seems to be a dead Bird towards the front rim of the nest . I didn't observe any adult on or in the nest . I Headed to get coffee and when I got back the Eagle was not where I left it ,. no one at the nest . I drove to the Melaleuca trees and there it was . I stayed another hour and a half until it took flight again but this time it went West . I drove back to the nest and stayed another 15 min with no further sightings .
Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
GREAT NEWS !!! Please tell me you see what I see !!! While I was looking at the images of what I thought a dead bird at the rim this is what I saw . I see Jewel's head on the right and the tip of her tail to the left !
Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Linda954
I wouldn't venture to guess that is Jewel.

I came online to report that I passed at 11:40 in the pouring rain and saw an eagle perched on a dead melaleuca to the west of the nest. One that was pretty set back.  I typically see them closer to the road.  I wasn't able to slow down to try and peer at the nest as it was raining hard and I had cars behind me.

I certainly hope that is Jewel deep in the nest.

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Lisa G
Thank you so much for the update .. Like I said before the bowl in the nest is so deep it is very hard to see the Eagles once they are down in the bowl . Great picture . I knew she was fine :) Pride & Jewel are doing a great Job so far . Now we wait and see if they have little Eaglets .
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

It certainly looks like he or she is incubating deep down, and a little bit behind the trunk of the tree-- way back where it is difficult to see her in the large nest. Great news! It is possible that the first egg hatched a couple of days ago and she is still sitting on one or two more.

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
I think so too , seems they are still incubating . I took several shots of the Eagle over at the Melaleuca trees which I THINK might have been Jewel and Pride might have been the one in the nest because of the Eagle's built and coloring of the tail . But then again is was raining and the Eagle might have looked heavier because of it .
I was at the nest area a around 10:00 am till 11:15 am,. just before I left to get myself some coffee the Eagle took off towards the nest and perched way above it on the left side/East of the trunk . I went for coffee and returned just before noon to find the Eagle that had gone above the nest returned to the Melaleuca trees . I stayed until 1:15 which is when the Eagle decided to take flight towards the West side . I then drove back to the nest and I didn't see any sightings and went back home .
I returned to the Nest at 4:20pm . Drove around and no sightings nor was I able to see any eagle at the point in the nest. Weather got nasty once again and very dark so I headed home . At least we can breath now knowing both Eagles are accounted for .
I can tell you this much , i have a few more gray hairs because of this particular pair of Eagles.
I pray that Jewel and Pride's Eaglets thrive and hold up to this nasty weather we're up against .

Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
I believe this to be Jewel and Pride to be the one in the nest .

Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
Rain was coming down pretty hard at this point
Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
Showing off it's tail

Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
You can see the nest below the last cable , follow the trunk and above the top cable follow the trunk towards the left and see the one I believe to be Jewel. I maybe wrong but this eagle seems thicker/wider than Pride .

Here I cropped the image , to get a better look .
Liza

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Maria Rosa Drake
Hi,

I''ve been watching the Fort Myers eagle cam. Parents have been on the nest and hunkered down deep due to weather. When they exchange incubating duties, it is very quick. Maybe the same is happening at our nest. They spend anywhere from 4-6 hrs incubating before a shift change and the female is on the nest all night. I really hope we will have eaglets soon.

Btw, Fort Myers is on pip/hatch watch

Re: Jan 22nd , Eagle spotted

Liza
Correct Maria , it can be very quick. Hoping for the best on our nest . Usually Harriet hatches  before us ., do to the circumstances and the inconsistency on our nest who knows if Joy's eggs have hatched or still to hatch . Non the less praying all goes well .
Liza