Jan 24, afternoon

hall48
I stopped by the nest site about 3:30 PM today and one of the adults was perched in the Melaleucas to the West of the nest. Before I could get out of the car the adult flew to the nest.
I stayed for about an hour and in that time the adult fed the chick, flew off for about 15 minutes and then flew back and again fed the chick before flying off again. While the adult was away the chick moved about the nest and flapped its wings repeatedly.
David
Adult and Chick
Eaglet flapping its wings
More flapping
Where did everyone go?
Ken

Re: Jan 24, afternoon

Ken
Excellent description and photos!

Re: Jan 24, afternoon

Mike Fossler
Looks like that dead bird that was on the east side of the nest is gone!

Nice photos.