LIVE Bald Eagle Nest Camera in Iowa

Bald Eagle Nest Camera in Iowa Surpasses 100 Million Views

Latest report on this fascinating site. The three eaglets are getting big, and parents are very busy bringing in prey. It is very interesting to see how they are learning to feed themselves.

Decorah Bald Eagle Web Camera surpasses 100 million views

Decorah eagles in Iowa have left nest-- where to now?

Beyond the webcam: Open water and plentiful food beckon to Decorah Bald Eagles
Posted Sat, Jul 2 2011 1:20 PM by Chuck Hagner

Bald Eagle, photograph by MiaMWow. 181 million.

That's how many times the images provided by the webcam pointed at the Bald Eagle nest in Decorah, Iowa, had been viewed as of Friday morning. I know because I was one of the viewers.

The nest, in a cottonwood tree on private property in extreme northeast Iowa, has been producing happy, healthy eaglets for several years now. According to the Raptor Resource Project, which operates the webcam, two fledged in 2008, three fledged in 2009, three fledged last year, and this spring, it happened again. Three eggs laid in late February and early March hatched on three days in early April. Then, as millions watched on their computers on June 18, 20, and 23, the trio of young birds left the nest. They didn't go far... MORE

12