Lots of action Wednesday morning OCT 30 at 9:00 - 9:30 AM

Lots of action Wednesday morning OCT 30 at 9:00 - 9:30 AM

Mary Lou and I arrived at the nest site at 9:05 AM this morning and found the male on the nest.

It flew off almost immediately but both male and female returned at 9:13 AM. We think the male brought in a large stick. The female watched as the male worked with the nest material for a short time.

Then the female flew down and joined him at 9:15 AM.

The pair worked together on nest construction until the female flew off at about 9:18 AM.

The female returned with a stick at 9:32 AM and the pair touched bills and postured in a recognition ritual that lasted less than a minute.

The female then rearranged some sticks that the male had already placed.

However, they did work cooperatively.

Then at 9:35 the male pulled at a string that looks like monofilament fishing line, which could pose a hazard.

Re: Lots of action Wednesday morning OCT 30 at 9:00 - 9:30 AM

Lisa G
Wow!! Ken great pictures :):) I am going to share them on the Facebook page ... Just Beautiful !!!!!!

I would like everyone to post there pictures to out Facebook page if you have a Facebook account please go like the page :) https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300
https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Florida-Pine-Eagle-Nest-Inc/537121543002300

UPDATE !!!!    We are pleased to announce that we are now South Florida Pines Eagle Nest , Inc. a 501 C (3)  as of November 18, 2015 Public Charity Status 170 (b) (1) (A) (vi)  Employer Identification Number : 4-3116409 DLN: 26053716001635  . Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC section 501 (c) (3)  If you have Donated in the last 27 months your Donation  is Tax Deductible ..

Thank you!! If anyone has questions please feel free send an email to ag2761@comcast.net

Re: Lots of action Wednesday morning OCT 30 at 9:00 - 9:30 AM

Thank you, Lisa. I posted a blog that included all the photos and put a link on your FB page.

Re: Lots of action Wednesday morning OCT 30 at 9:00 - 9:30 AM

MyEagle13
Hi there Ken Waoo!!!! what a great pictures!!!! it took my breath away shamed of me with my pictures  what type of cam r u using if i can ask?
Myeagle13

Re: Lots of action Wednesday morning OCT 30 at 9:00 - 9:30 AM

Thanks, Velinda.

My rig:
Canon EOS 60D 18 MP Digital SLR Camera
Canon EF 300mm f/4L IS USM Telephoto Lens
Canon EF 1.4X II Extender (420 mm f/5.6 lens system)