MAR 27: Both eaglets are branching!

Phil reported that when he visited the nest at 10:15 this morning, both of the eaglets climbed up on one of the nest support branches.

Phil writes: to my surprise, both Eaglets “Branched”. They perched together on the branch to the right of the nest, where the adults are usually seen perching. Within the hour, the adult female returned with breakfast.

In our experience, the first free flight of an eaglet has usually occurred within the week following an observation that it was branching.

Photos are property of Philip Martin and are used with his permission.