MAR 31: Female eaglet fledged followed by male the next day; all safe

MAR 31: Female eaglet fledged followed by male the next day; all safe

Phil Martin has been keeping a close eye on the nest.

On March 31 he reported that the female eaglet (P Piney 21) had left the nest area.

He said "I observed the male and both adults at the nest, during the morning hours. I checked the nest several times throughout the day and only saw the male perching."

On April 1, Phil reported: "This morning I was at the nest at 09:15 and 10:15 and observed no activity." He visited again at noon and there was still no activity, but later, he heard from Luis, who said he saw the male Eaglet and one adult that evening. The male was gone almost the entire day."

On April 2, I was there from  9:10 AM - 9:40. Nest was empty and one eaglet was roosting on the right nest support branch. I wondered if there were two close together but never saw a second eaglet. The male adult was roosting quite high in the usual tree down at the corner of 208th  & Pines. Just as I was taking a long-distance photo of the male, the adult female flew right out from the nest location over my head and continued to the NW. Maybe was on the back of the nest or on a hidden roost.

After I departed, Phil arrived and then wrote: "As I arrived at the nest this morning at 10:24, I observed the male Eaglet on the perch just above the nest on the west side. At 10:32 the female Eaglet flew in and perched high above at to the east of the nest where she remained for my entire stay. At 10:36 an adult (could not determine which) flew in from the east with food and the male Eaglet went into the nest to eat while the adult went to the perch above the nest."

Here are Phil's photos taken on April 2 (used with his permission):

Re: MAR 31: Female eaglet fledged followed by male the next day; all safe

naturegirl
Wow good luck to the eaglets looking forward to seeing the pair next year