MAR 9: Both eaglets seem to be getting along

MAR 9: Both eaglets seem to be getting along

Mary Lou and I watched the nest for about 3/4 hour from 9:10 AM this morning. The male (Pride) was roosting on the pine to the east of the nest.

His mate (Jewel) was on the right support branch adjacent to the nest. At first we only saw the younger eaglet (P Piney 18)...

...but the older one (P Piney 17) appeared from the left. They interacted a bit but there was no evidence of hostility between the siblings.  No feeding occurred. We suspect that we had just missed a feeding, judging by how placid the scene appeared to be.

Re: MAR 9: Both eaglets seem to be getting along

Rockitglider
Hello,

Good shots, They look very active. The Deerfield chicks are doing well also, they should be fledging in the next few weeks.

Kit