MARCH 24: Both eaglets safe after storm

There was a thunderstorm with severe winds yesterday evening, so MaryLou and I visited the nest at about 9:10 AM today, and watched for a half hour.  No sign of damage to the nest. The female (Jewel) was roosting in the pines just east of the nest. The wind was still gusting up to 30 MPH.

At first we saw only one of the two eaglets:

 Just as we were leaving I took one last shot of the nest and "Voila!" a second head popped up (I must admit that until I reviewed my photos on the computer I never knew I had captured the other eaglet):