MAY 31 - Juvenile eagle over Harbour Lakes to the SE of nest tree

MAY 31 - Juvenile eagle over Harbour Lakes to the SE of nest tree

This morning a first-year Bald Eagle soared over the wetlands west of Harbour Lakes subdivision  and then circled over that subdivision and its large lake.

Very likely the Pembroke Pines eaglet because of location. ID's as first year bird by dark body, white wing linings and axillaries ("armpits").

At first I thought I was looking at two eagles, but one of them is a Turkey Vulture.

Re: MAY 31 - Juvenile eagle over Harbour Lakes to the SE of nest tree

trisha
Great shot of the young eagle in flight, Ken.  Sure do hope it is ours soaring healthy and strong!