MON., 03/31/2014. Between 11:30 a.m. and noon. Nest very active

MON., 03/31/2014. Between 11:30 a.m. and noon. Nest very active

tczig
I was at the nest today from 11:30 am till about noon.  One eaglet was on a branch right above the nest to the right; he stayed there and didn't move much (until one of the adults brought lunch).  The other eaglet was very active in the nest - flapping and trying to fly.  He was flapping his wings and jumping up off the nest.  Within about 15 minutes, one parent came in with a fish.  The parent came from the north, flew into the nest from the west, but didn't even land - the parent dropped the fish and went over and landed on the pine trees to the left of the nest, where it stayed a few minutes.  It was very exciting today at the nest, and there was another person there with a much better lens than me - so I hope he posts his photographs.