MONDAY APR 7 - One eaglet seen 10:20 AM flying in melaleucas

MONDAY APR 7 - One eaglet seen 10:20 AM flying in melaleucas

We stopped by the nest a little before 10:00 AM this morning (APR 7) and again found the nest empty and no adults or fledgling eagles in sight. I walked the block from 209th to 208th, looking and listening to no avail. Just as we were making the U-turn at 209th to drive back home we saw a juvenile (very dark, suggesting it was the younger one (Glory) flying low among the melaleuca snags from right to left (eastbound). She made a very sloppy landing on the top of a Brazilian Pepper bush about 50 feet from the tall trees in the 'eagle forest." I could not re-locate the eaglet. Either she dropped lower down or resumed flight on the other side of the foliage. Never heard any calling.

Re: MONDAY APR 7 - One eaglet seen 10:20 AM flying in melaleucas

NancyB
Thanks for the update.  I really know the eaglets are OK, but is reassuring to hear that Glory is flying around and learning the skills she will need to survive on her own.  Wish I could have seen it!

Nancy Boyle