Male on nest at 1:00 PM today DEC 2, 2013

Male on nest at 1:00 PM today DEC 2, 2013

After a morning of heavy fog and drizzle, I visited the Pembroke Pines eagle nest at about 1:00 PM and watched for a half hour. Skies were mostly cloudy, temperature 72 degrees (F). The male was on the nest. but soon flew to a dead melaleuca to the west of the nest. After posing nicely for about 7 minutes he flew off to the west and disappeared over the Everglades. I think the female was taking her last few days off before she starts laying the eggs!

Re: Male on nest at 1:00 PM today DEC 2, 2013

Liza
Thanks for the observation and wonderful images Ken ! It's great when we can keep track of all their doings, coming and goings . It's all so interesting their behavior ! I can't wait for her to lay her eggs !
Liza